Saturday, August 20, 2011

Maple's Pirate Treasure Hunt!
Part Two

In our last installment of this adventure (Thursday's post), Captain Maple decided to hike over Craggy Hill and go to the entrance of Blackbeard's Wood in order to find clues as to where Echo Island is located. Echo Island is where the pirates have buried their treasure and Maple wants to find it.


Of course Blackbeard's Wood is slightly haunted (so they say) and she was a bit scared to go inside the forest. So Maple decided to don her brown plaid hat from Vintique Designs and pretend to be the brave Sherlock Holmes. She is also using her magnifying glass (a human necklace) to help her find clues.

The rest of her outfit today is from a variety of shops. Her white tee shirt is from Liberty Jane, the skull and crossbones waffle-weave hoodie is from Lizziebee Design, and the black and white pants are from 123 Mulberry Street. The Wellington boots are stolen from Lira's (Lanie's) AG shoe collection.

At first Captain Maple bravely told Marvelous Me Nora Demington (the camera crew) to stay behind her as she crept around a tree near the entrance to the Wood....


Once she got a look at the forest she remarked, "It looks okay to me. You go around in front and check it out." She had courageously volunteered me to be the explorer while she hid behind the tree.


Peeking out at me, she waited awhile to see if I was being attacked by ghosts, vampires, or werewolves....


After a few moments, since I hadn't been eaten by monsters, she leaned out and said, "Alright, looks safe to me..... let's look for clues!"


"Looking for clues" consisted of her posing for several glamour shots...




After awhile I started looking for clues myself to make sure I got out of this forest before it got dark.... and there it was, a tiny piece of rolled up paper... probably the clue we were looking for. "It's right there," I said, in order to help this process along.


"Did you find something? Where?!," she replied excitedly.


"Right there in front of you."


"Ohhhhh......."


Needless to say we could have spent moments in the Wood instead of the hours it took Maple to get her hair, hat, outfit, and pose just right....

Here is my favorite shot of the day. I am adding it in despite of being told not to include it.... I think you can all figure out why I like it so much. ;-)


Stay tuned for Part Three of Maple's Pirate Treasure Hunt.... 

Where will the clue (which I found, not Captain Sherlock Maple) tell us to go next????

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha, love this story

Anonymous said...

I hope this adventure is a happy ending!

How old are you? I'm 11

Heres my blog!

http://www.surfsupgirl.blogspot.com/

P.S I like followers! lol :)

Anonymous said...

To the cookie store oooh O_O

Alison said...

How bout a spooky grave yard ?

imrachelnicole said...

So cute! Can't wait for more!

Nora and Maple said...

Thanks for the comments everyone! Glad y'all are liking the "hunt." Tuesday we'll reveal where Maple heads next. :)

Nora and Maple said...

Oh and p.s. I'm an 11 yr old doll that never really ages. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...