Friday, March 11, 2011

2 New MyAG Outfits and
Discussion of Rompers

Hola! Bienvenida a viernes! Willkommen bis Freitag! Welcome to Friday!

Today we will start with pictures of two of the new MyAG outfits that have been recently released. Sabrina is sporting a new brown, curly wig and wearing the Sea Breeze outfit which comes with the blue and white romper, the red bucket hat, and some fly loop sandals. We love these shoes! For $28 you would think this outfit would at least come with a bracelet too, but no dice there.

Alice (who has been on vacation for awhile in the south of France) returns to show off the Tennis Skirt outfit which includes the top, skirt, hairband, wristband, tennis racket, sneakers, socks, and tennis ball. It also comes with yellow lycra undies that match the fabric and color of the top, but the skirt bulges out when you put the undies on. So for our picture purposes Alice is going commando. All of these cute bits and bobs will set you back $34.

That's a lot of dough... $62. Though we are happy to have the tiny tennis ball and racket. And both pairs of shoes are great. But essentially you can make both outfits for a lot less money, which is why we are going to discuss the romper in the second half of this post. For now... please enjoy the pics of Sabrina and Alice!




Ah the romper, the onesie for grown-ups... a very popular spring/summer fashion right now for both girls and trendy women.... here is a slideshow of human girl rompers currently for sale from places like Justice, J. Crew and Delia's.....


And here is a slideshow of women's rompers from places like Urban Outfitters and Bloomingdale's....


There is an AG market for these out there. I can tell you that people were really excited about the one Sabrina is wearing. It is a really flattering style and design -- especially the segmented construction and buttons. So here is my helpful advice for seamstresses for today-- study the MyAG romper, study the ones currently for sale (in the mall or online), and try them out yourself. There are many different styles and fabrics you can experiment with. And they also make nice swimsuit cover-ups if you wanted to sell them as a set with a swimsuit.

Etsy seller SuzymStudio has already branched into the world of rompers with her Military version which you can see in the video below...

9 comments:

. said...

I have had the idea of the romper in mind since the release of A.G.'s version, and I(Rachel Noel) was planning on cutting up an old apron of mine I've never worn, and essentially "mocking" them because the shoes that came with the A.G. club outfits back in 2006, have shoes almost exactly like the pair shown in their new romper! I wasn't a big fan of paying $28, either;) Now since you've done this post, I've though about doing the romper in some printed fabrics I previously didn't know how I would ever use them! Thanks for the inspiration! But I think my first shot at the romper idea(Combining LJC's Strappy tank and cut-off shorts patterns) will be done in apron fabric!
Sincerely,
Rachel Noel
RNB Originals
P.S. I think I'll try & sell the printed fabric rompers if all goes well in Part 2 of the "In the Moment" Collection!

Nora and Maple said...

Sounds great! We can't wait to see what you come up with for rompers!

And we are super-excited for tomorrow's Etsy RNB Originals release-- we'll be posting about it! :D

Caelen said...

I love those doll outfits!! :)

. said...

Yes, I've planned out how I'm going to go about constructing the rompers and cutting out the patterns a certain way, so they should turn out very pleasing!

Yes, I'm glad to hear excitement is building! I'm going over last minute details and I even bought myself a little gift for me and the models!(A pair of socks/tights for The Dolly Stand!)
Sincerely,
Rachel Noel
RNB Originals

Muzzy said...

No offence guys, and Sabrina ALWAYS looks darling, but I can't get over the fact that the rompers look like baby outfits- Yuck! And for a whopping $28, I'm not gonna buy that outfit. On the other hand, I ADORE the tennis outfit. I play tennis sometimes myself, and this is super cute. I love the color combos too!
Although... No commando dollies in my house! I'll live with bulgy skirts thanks ;)
Thank you for reviewing these outfits Nora (And friends!)
<3 Jenna

All Dolled Up Doll Clothes said...

About a year ago, I made a romper and posted it on my website. It never caught on. Now, with AG's romper and those in the human market, I may have to re-post it. Maybe a different fabric will make it more appealing. I also made my version of the Sea Breeze romper.

Nora and Maple said...

Well as with anything in fashion the only way to get trends is through experimentation. And yes, we really wouldn't buy a romper for ourselves -- as we do feel like we are wearing a onesie and they tend to "ride up" on us. Haha.

But we found it to be cute on the dolls and people on the boards were definitely "a-buzz" about the Sea Breeze romper. There are already three reviews of it on AGPT saying it is cute, adorable and precious. Perhaps it is not "Liberty Jane" style -- but it does seem to be appealing to a part of the market. Just more thoughts from me. :)

SuzyMStudio said...

Hi Nora!
Thank you so much for your support :-)
I have already cut three others rompers, they will be done after my vacation.
BTW, my blog will be opened soon, it's under construction...

Nora and Maple said...

You're welcome Suzymstudio -- we look to seeing what else you have available after your vacation and we'll keep an eye out for your blog opening as well-- feel free to let us know when it opens -- you can even comment on our Facebook wall if you like, that way others can see it easily. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...