Monday, April 18, 2011

Voting for the April Photo Contest
Begins Today!

Tada! We finally accomplished something! So today we have posted the 18 photos for the April Photo Contest with some info about the clothing shown in them. One photo per participant -- if you sent me more than one, we just chose one to represent you. The photos are labeled by numbers for anonymity and clarity.
The next step is that you -- all of the blog readers (who want to)--  vote on your favorite picture. Choose one photo and email us at nora.demington@gmail.com with your vote. We want the votes via email so we can keep track of the numbers more easily. So all the email has to say is "Voting for Photo # ____." Don't worry we won't use your email for anything. And one vote per reader please.

Y'all have a week to vote for your favorite picture. We will accept votes until April 26th, 2011 (Tuesday of next week). So please email us your vote before then! We really appreciate everyone's participation in this contest! The photographer with the most votes wins the AG capri pants and shirt.

And without further ado, the pictures in no particular order...

#1
 Zee jeggings are from Doll Closet on Etsy, the blue tank top is from Liberty Jane
and the black top isn't handmade but the owner
isn't sure where she got it from. Boots are AG.


#2
Felicity in her meet dress

#3
Tank top and belt are from Nicki's AG tie top outfit, pants are Liberty Jane,
and the sweater was made by the dolly owner

#4
Dolly owner's mother knitted this outfit -- made from tie-dyed yarn.

#5
Already labeled.... :-)

#6
The shirt is handmade, the pants are AG.

#7
Mia riding the pet chicken named Mo. Dress is handmade by the owner in classic 1950s style
-- was crafted for a 50s diner diorama which we have some pics of to show you tomorrow. :-)


#8
Dolly owner's mother made the PJs and hat -- daughter has matching ones!

#9
 The shirt and skirt are handmade, but the beret, tights, and shoes were all purchased
from Michael's, AG, and some doll store, respectively

#10
Jess's favorite outfit is her purple and white polka-dot 1930's style dress
that her owner sewed herself, and her matching hair clips and eyelet sandals
 
#11
Easter dress purchased from The Crazy Doll Lady's store

#12
Dolly owner's mother made the corduroy pants out of her daughter's old Justice cords
using the Liberty Jane Jeans pattern and she altered
the shirt from a new Build-a-bear shirt so it fit just right.

#13
 Kit with her new dress made from a Heritage Fashion Pattern.
It is made from real feedsack fabric.

#14
Dolly owner designed, made the pattern, and sewed it herself--
You can find a version of it in her Etsy store: My Doll My Style

#15
Julie's AG shirt and mystery handmade pants purchased from
'country store' while on vacation. :-)

#16
 Dolly owner's grandmother handmade this outfit for Chrissa


#17
Completely handmade outfit -- made by owner


#18
Handmade outfit purchased from Etsy seller Lots of Dots

Vote today for your favorite photo by
emailing nora.demington@gmail.com!

If we missed something or typed something in wrong, let us know.
And feel free to ask us any questions you may have. :-)

p.s. Isn't it amazing how popular Rebecca and Mia are in these photos!
Especially Mia -- I am awesome, and apparently everyone else thinks so too....

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the pics!!!!! SO cute!!!! Especially photo #6!!!! Love the Shirt!!!!!


Photo #6 Is personally my favorite! :)

Hannah said...

I LOVE #8! ( :D

Joan said...

Love the pet chicken #7

Anonymous said...

Love 9 it's so cute

Anonymous said...

Number 13 has my vote

Us and Me said...

I LOVE number 6!!!!!!! SOOOO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atomicbetty334 said...

They're all so cute - it's hard to pick just 1!!!

Anonymous said...

Are we supposed to pick the outfit we like best, the prettiest photo, some combination of the two?

Nora and Maple said...

A combination of the two in essence -- basically whichever photo is your favorite that is the one you vote for. :)

Jenelle said...

I don't have a email address. How can I vote?

Nora and Maple said...

Jenelle- You can just vote here as a comment and we will tally it in with the emails. :)

Mia said...

Okay then, I vote for #2.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a email. Hmm... I guess I'll vote for #2, it seems so creative.

Jenelle said...

It's SO hard to choose. I'm down with #2 and #15. Most meople seem to like #2. I will comment again once I make up my mind.

Jenelle said...

#2

anya said...

I vote for #1. Sorry, Caelen. Your photo came in a reaaaaaly close 2nd.

Paige-americangirl:) said...

I vote for number #17!

Anonymous said...

I vote for #2.It's creative, lots of people think so, too. I like the background in it.

Kendall said...

oh #15 hands down!

Muzzy said...

I vote #3!!!

Vintiquedesigns said...

I vote for #8!

whimsymoon said...

Number 9 is my favorite!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...