Friday, February 13, 2009

Anne Shirley and Diana Barry

While browsing the Etsy storefront of Terristouch I found a brown dress with a blue apron over it designed for AG's Nellie when she is still a servant. I passed it over because Nellie is not here in Badger's Wood and it wasn't speaking to me as an outfit.

Then I saw it again and immediately thought: "Anne of Green Gables"!!!

It is very close to the outfit Anne Shirley is wearing the day she comes into town (in the movie). Penny purchased it right away so I could pretend to be Anne Shirley. At the same time Penny found another Terristouch outfit similar to the type worn by Diana Barry (again, in the movie- if you haven't seen it, rent it!).

So for the pictures, I am pretending to be Anne of Green Gables and Samantha Parkington is posing as my "kindred spirit" Diana Barry. Best friends forever, as they would say nowadays.

Are the outfits convincing? Good enough for me! Let's go dye my hair green by accident! Oh wait, scratch that idea....






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...