Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dollies' Dressmaker Pink Addy Dress

After writing a novel in the last post, I will try to keep my chatting to a minimum! Sorry for the blather!

Here we have Cassie showing off a new purchase from The Dollies' Dressmaker- a pink taffeta dress designed for Addy.

So the dress design dates to the 1860s (it is similar to Addy's Cape Island Dress, Kite-Flying Dress and Flower-Picking Dress)- however whenever I look at it I see something for Molly and/or Emily. I just can't see Addy wearing this because of the fabric. That is why I paired it with the black Mary-Janes. So I guess it isn't really a "historically accurate" combination with those shoes.

Cassie has not quite bonded to the pinkness of this dress, so I think it may be re-gifted to Molly at some point... (cough cough, wink wink). No matter what time period it ends up in, it is still gorgeous!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...