Friday, June 10, 2011

Activity Two Photos! Vote Today!

Warning: A long post - lots of pictures!

And a caveat or two: If you sent in a photo and you don't see it here, please email it again to nora.demington@gmail.com as soon as possible. And if we made any errors with your photos and write-ups - please let us know asap. :-)

So please vote for at least one of these photos on or before Saturday, June 18th, 2011. Send in your votes to nora.demington@gmail.com. If you want to vote for more than one photo, please do.

Here they are in no particular order....

Photo Number One
"The dolls are having a wonderful time at their sleepover. While Laura (bottom, right) is modeling her pajamas and matching pillow. Laura loves to sew her own clothes, and occasionally helps the others with cute new outfits too! Chrissa Maxwell saved her Christmas money to buy Laura her very own sewing machine. And ever since, Laura can't keep away! If you ever need any special occasion clothes, or just relaxing clothes. Laura is the first to contact!" 

Photo Number Two
"The top three winners are declared at an Irish Dance Competition: Ruthie is wearing a replica I made of my daughter's dance school costume, and Mia, the winner, is wearing a replica of my daughter's 'solo' dress that I just completed.  Each solo dress is supposed to be unique.  It was quite a project and still needs more 'bling.'"

Photo Number Three
"Jamie models a Melody Valerie limited edition for this week's activity! The Cecily glows in pale pink as the sun touches it..."

Photo Number Four
"The maroon colonial ballgown that Elizabeth is measuring is made by me including all the other dresses and quilt hanging on the back wall that you see in the picture."

Photo Number Five
"Kelly is wearing a custom ruffle shirt designed and made by cutie pie and me. The matching shorts were made by cutie pie and me using the Liberty Jane jeans pattern."

Photo Number Six
"This is Samantha in an original creation from Terri's Touch on Etsy."

Photo Number Seven
"Here is Felicity's Round 2 photo."

Photo Number Eight
"Amelia Rose is a big fan of the Historical dolls, especially Addy. In honor of all things Addy, this special dress was made. It was inspired by Harriet's dress from the book 'Addy Saves the Day.'
Click on the Book Image Link to see the book illustration.

Photo Number Nine
"Inky's outfit was handmade just for her by Pleasant Piper Designs using modified Liberty Jane patterns."  

Photo Number Ten
"Kia Ora! Coral's Maori heritage shines in this custom handmade needlepoint pari bodice by Black Pearl Designs.  Her piu piu skirt and poi balls are from Kpohana Polynesian Dance on etsy."

Photo Number Eleven
"For my handmade entry, I chose to make some yummy cookies!  As you can see, I make a bit of a mess... and I'm not the world's best baker, but I still try.  =) And for luck, I decided to wear a t-shirt my human made... polka dots are lucky, you know!"

Photo Number Twelve
"In this picture Jenny is in her 70's themed room with her dog Reese. She is wearing the homemade dress we got from the farmer's market. She is feeding the homemade chew toy we made for Reese to Reese."

Photo Number Thirteen
"This is Lea in her bedroom trying to decide what recipe to try next!  I made the cookbooks and the recipe binder which is filled with real recipes.  I converted my Dad’s old electronic address book into Lea’s laptop computer.  I made the desk (behind her) out of a cardboard box that I painted blue. I used a piece of poster board to make her back wall.  I made a window out of a photo and my Mom sewed a valance for it.  My Mom also sewed all the bedding that I designed especially for Lea.  There is a mattress, a quilt, and two pillows.  We made the bed using instructions we found online from http://www.dollclothespatterns.net/doll-bed-patterns/easy-doll-bed.  I painted the headboard white to match.  And finally, my mom made Lea’s outfit from the Liberty Jane jeans pattern and trendy tee pattern."

Photo Number Fourteen
"Charlie is modeling Maggie's blue polka dot shirt (hopefully Maggie doesn't find out...she won't be thrilled about sharing her favorite shirt!), made by eBay seller peppermintsticks, and khaki pants made by eBay seller wtcnudo.  Since the theme was "Hooray for Handmade", she decided it would be fun to make something by hand herself.  She had a lot of fun cutting out these little paper dolls!  It took a few tries to figure out how to make them connected, but that didn't bother her.  She loves trying new things until she gets them right. :) "

Photo Number Fifteen
"Ella has been enjoying the warm weather and is excited for summer.  Today Ella and Chrissa shared popsicles while they were enjoying the evening outside with Chocolate Chip.  Chocolate Chip thought the popsicles were amazing too!  ;)  Everything is better with friends!

Ella is wearing a fishy print dress from Etsy shop 'The Dolly Stand' and a bracelet made by me. Chrissa is wearing a floral print dress from Etsy shop '123 Mulberry Street.' The popsicles are from Etsy shop 'Pippaloo.'"


Photo Number Sixteen
"So here's the story: Neri is a student at Hogwarts and so they got to go to Hogsmeade, She's looking at all the yummy sweets which include Peppermint Toads, Fizzing Whizbees, Blood Flavoured Lollipops [okay maybe those aren't so yummy unless she's a Vampire], Cockroach Clusters [again they aren't that good looking but I think she would rather have a lollipop than these] and Acid pops!  
BTW The doll's name is Neri Lovegood!!"

Photo Number Seventeen
"This is Grandma Esther teaching Lindsey and Lizzy to knit a pair of socks.  Everything in this picture is handmade by my mom, my sister and myself, except for grandma Esther's shirt.  Grandma Esther is my star doll, because she's my favorite. ;)"

Photo Number Eighteen
"This a candid shot of Demi and Patrick (Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze of the movie 'Ghost'). The handmade items in this picture are as follows, Demi's dress was sewn by a friend, I crocheted Patrick's jeans, my sister made the ghost costume and Demi of course made the vase on the pottery wheel.  That is what she was making until Patrick interrupted her."

Photo Number Nineteen
"Kirsten is getting ready to bake pepparkakor and stollen bread in her new dress, based on Pleasant Company pattern School Dress, and heart appliqued apron. Wooden shoes too in case she drops her wooden spoon.
I made this for my daughter's poor smooshed face Kirsten, rescued from the bin, that she loves so dearly."

Photo Number Twenty
"In my photo, my doll, Sunny, is wearing a homemade top, made by my sister. She is using a homemade oven mitt to get her homemade taco, that I sculpted out of clay."

Photo Number Twenty-One
"After a long, sleepless night of brainstorming, Jenna finally knows what she is going to make to wear in the fashion round of the contest. Her bathrobe is homemade. "

Photo Number Twenty-Two
"Camisa--made by my mom
skirt--made by me
not shown in picture: tights and shoes made by my mom also.
And of course, Samantha is baking home made cookies :)"

Photo Number Twenty-Three
"I made this outfit for Julie on her b-day."

Photo Number Twenty-Four
"Ruthie is wearing an outfit that is completely homemade. I made the shirt, the skirt, and the bracelet! I did it all by hand. Ruthie really loves the outfit."

Photo Number Twenty-Five
"JOY! NO!!
While Lanie is trying to enjoy her picnic lunch, Joy has spotted a butterfly that has landed on Lanie's head, and is sneaking up behind her to catch it. The  dolls in the scene are Joy (star doll-#23), Ellie (her sister #41), and Lanie (their friend 2010 GOTY).  The dolls' outfits were handmade by entrant's mother, the clay food was handmade by entrant, the rootbeer floats were made by entrant in antique shot-mugs, the picnic table was handmade by local craftsman and purchased at craft fair, the butterfly and butterfly net was handmade by the entrant, and the campfire was handmade by the entrant.  The plates are antique butter pat plates that belonged to entrant's great-grandmother."

Photo Number Twenty-Six
"This is Jess in her sewing room wearing the wrap dress and head scarf she recently made. (dress pattern from LibertyJanePatterns.com. :] )"

Photo Number Twenty-Seven
"Ruthie is so excited to share Easter egg coloring with her friend Janie!  Ruthie is modeling an ensemble made by dollsewer which includes a forties style dress and apron.  It is always fun to have special times with friends."

Photo Number Twenty-Eight
"Elodie's overblouse and skirt are from Atelier de Sitara, and the red top is Liberty Jane."

Photo Number Twenty-Nine
"Felicity loves creating her own accessories (such as her headband, bracelet, brooch and belt) to wear while playing out fairytales with her 'imaginary' friend Albetross (conveniently handmade and bought at the Texas Renaissance festival)."

Photo Number Thirty
"Jo loves baking and making homemade treats for her friends and family.  Here she is making a special pink and white cake for a friend."

Photo Number Thirty-One
"Hello! May I take your order please?" - Samantha
"One pizza slice and a cookie please." - Customer
"OK! Your food will be right out!" - Samantha
"Thanks!" - Customer
The things that are handmade are: the apron, the pizza, the cookies, the sign, and the pencil. :)

Photo Number Thirty-Two
Renea and her homemade dolly food items, including a panda cake.

Photo Number Thirty-Three
"My dolls are hosting a 'Homemade Party.' They are all wearing Homemade Clothes. They are all serving homemade food, the tablecloth is homemade, the vase and invitation are both homemade.
The choices of food: Potato chips, Bread and Cookies, Pizza, Fruit.
Jessica is serving the Pizza"

Photo Number Thirty-Four


Photo Number Thirty-Five
"Ivy Ling strolls down the catwalk in her fabulous and chic handmade outfit! Ivy is wearing a stylish wrap-around dress (made from a pattern from Heritage Doll Fashions) with her cozy brown scarf."


Photo Number Thirty-Six
"Kirsten is wearing a Purple Civil War era dress that I sewed myself. The dress was made out of a purple cotton fabric with a subtle floral design and features growth tucks in the skirt that are accurate to the time period so that Kirsten can take them out as she grows (okay, I know dolls can't grow). The dress is embellished with tiny white rick-rack trim and white satin ribbon on the bodice, and matching white rick-rack right above the growth tucks on the skirt to give it a fancier look. Completing the dress is a white satin ribbon sewed around the waist that is tied in the back in a big pretty bow. She is also wearing matching handmade hair ribbons and is holding a bouquet I made of purple and blue flowers."


Late Addition: Photo Number Thirty-Seven
(Sorry for the delay!)

"Heather is proud to have finished sewing her very first dress (around here we like dolls to work for their clothing). It is made from the Heritage Wrap Dress pattern."

_______________________


Thanks for reading through this long post. Please vote today! Send in your vote(s) to nora.demington@gmail.com.


Any questions?? Feel free to ask!

21 comments:

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Great job, everyone!!! :) Can't wait to see the results.

Us and Me said...

I like number 31!!!! I love the Apron and food!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love 24!!! It's so cute!!! I vote for 24!!!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, number 35 looks so pretty with the blurred edges! I vote for #35!

Anonymous said...

#13 is SO cute! I love the bed and all the other things she made! I vote for #13. :)

Chloe said...

My votes are 4,6,20,24,28

Anonymous said...

I vote for #33!!! I love ALL of Rachyrache's pics!!! So creative!!

Mother-Daughter Photography said...

I just love number 8. It was a hard choice though.

Piper (InnerstarU) said...

Fifteen by far! The only real competition for it is number eight!

Abbi said...

I vote for #15! I love everything in the scene..It is all sooo cute!!

Anonymous said...

can i vote for myself? if i can i vote for me #32

Anne said...

I vote for numbers 6 and 8!! :) They are both gorgeous!!!

Renata Grace said...

33!

Anonymous said...

1 23 30 32 and 37
-Ruth

Katie said...

Guys isn't 12 awesome? I vote for 12.

Anonymous said...

OMG, I love #13! Look at all those things she made!

Anonymous said...

I vote for #23

Anonymous said...

I'd say number 9

Alice said...

#1,7,18

Good luck everyone!

Anonymous said...

I vote for #24 and #9!

Anonymous said...

Eight by a landslide!

-Double M

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...