Monday, June 1, 2009

gehrom Grey and Red Sweater and Hat Set

Rebecca is here! Well, not "here" as in here in Badger's Wood... just "here" as in available for crazy collectors like Penny to purchase!

But Penny is going to wait some more time and be patient before ordering her. I hope everyone who wants her can get her and doesn't have to wait! I am all about instant gratification. Don't forget to vote in the poll in the sidebar for your favorite Rebecca item!

For now, I am going to show you another sweater set from Ebay seller gehrom. This set is shown on Ruthie, but it belongs to Kit. I wanted to show it to you on Ruthie though because the last gehrom set was shown on Kit. Yay for diversification of photo shoots!

The red hat does look especially smashing with Ruthie's dark locks. The grey and red sweater is large enough to fit over a blouse or dress and it buttons up the back. The hat is wonderfully made and again the flower is detachable and movable. The first photo shows you the whole outfit with Emily's dark wool skirt. The second shot gives you an up-close look at the hat and the top of the sweater. The third photo was taken with a more powerful flash so you can see the vertical bands in the crochet-work contrasting against the red horizontal bands. It is quite a neat effect! Thank you gehrom for another great set!

Also, I have to say the red and dark grey combination is really striking and seamstresses don't take advantage of it nearly enough. I don't think American Girl has even made a historical dress with these two colors...or have they? Maybe somewhere there in the AG timeline...

Next time in The Doll Wardrobe I'll be talking about a purple dress for Susan purchased from Etsy seller BoltSense. It is quite a unique addition to her growing wardrobe.

Seems like everybody in this house is getting a purple dress nowadays....everyone except for me, of course. Though honestly, I'm not a huge fan of dresses. Yeah, they are pretty. But I'm more of a pajamas and costumes girl myself.... what have I been pining for? The rabbit costume from Gomunk Creations pictured in the "For sale" section! But that is not really the type of thing I can wear to school....or can I? Hmmm....

While I devise a plan for wearing a rabbit costume to school, enjoy our photos below!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...