Friday, October 2, 2009

Love2sew Lion Costume from Etsy

Welcome to the first installment of our
Oktoberfest Costume Extravaganza!


For awhile now we have been squirreling away costumes to showcase in October, and we'll show them to you on four Fridays this month. We begin with Etsy seller Love2sew's Cowardly Lion Costume which we have transformed into our Lion King Simba costume. Not that we did anything to the costume to change it- we just renamed it. ;)

In the pictures below you will see Marvelous Me (Nora Demington) modeling the costume in two ways. First without a full mane of liony hairs and then with the full mane/furry poncho added. Love2sew also included the orange Trick or Treat bag with black kitties on it. Isn't this costume fantastic?!?

As a tribute to the Lion King and Disney, we included pictures of one of Kirsten's kittens wearing the Simba mask Christmas ornament from the Broadway production of the Lion King that we bought when we saw the show. And our final images feature Mickey Mouse and myself hanging out and discussing our plans for our upcoming vacation to Walt Disney World.

Mickey has invited me to his Not-So-Scary-Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom. How exciting! Fireworks, a parade, a headless horseman, and all the candy you can carry! I hope it is warmer down in Florida than it is up in Badger's Wood right now....

Anyway, my random ramblings aside...I hope you enjoy the pictures and slideshow of this wonderful Lion Costume! It is so ridiculously cute on me! :)







Come on back tomorrow (Saturday) when we showcase some Etsy items for our "Outfits of the Week" post, and then on Monday we will be posting the next outfit in the lineup for our "Liberty Jane Mondays" with our Mix and Match game.

See you soon everybody!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! And hey--I'm being a lion for halloween, too!

~puppyluv

Anonymous said...

Love it! My friend Harriet played the Lion in the Wiz. Of Oz :D This made me think of her!
Thanks Nora--that outfit really made me smile! :)
~Libby

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...