Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Revisiting LinneaAnne
AGFMB Special Feature

Hello again and welcome back for another installment of the American Girl Fans Message Board Member Special Feature! We are returning to member LinneaAnne for a look at some of the clothing she has made for Ruthie. All of the photos you see in this post are the property of LinneaAnne.

Here is a breakdown of what you are seeing in the photos and slideshow below:

1) The blue dress with the very fancy collar was inspired by a dress that Ruthie wears in the movie.
2) The brown dress and coordinating hat was created by LinneaAnne for the AGFMB 2009 sewing swap. LinneaAnne explains: "I love the color (of the hat) with Ruthie's hair and eyes - it just brings out her eyes so well."
3) The pink, green and yellow apron you see below was created in a 1930s style.
4) The green, white and brown dress which you see as a close-up shot was made as a school dress for Ruthie and has a pleated skirt.
5) LinneaAnne also created a slip for Ruthie based on the pattern for Molly's slip.

And last but not least.....
6) The pink dress was adapted from a Bunny Bear pattern, but LinneaAnne omitted the sleeves from the design.

I would say Ruthie's wardrobe is now quite complete!
Awesome job LinneaAnne!!!





Fantastic! Everything is just so beautiful and the pictures are great. Thank you for sharing your creative doll clothing with us LinneaAnne! Join us next week for another look at what AGFMB member Numberonekitty has created for her dolls.

And next time in The Doll Wardrobe you will find out what I, Nora Demington, gathered as my souvenir loot from our Disney World vacation. Yes I got some more toys! Surprise... surprise. And I'll also start posting some more pictures from our vacation in a more organized thematic manner. :)

5 comments:

BunnyBear said...

The BunnyBear pattern is available for instant download at http://www.bunnybear.com/1930s-princess-seamed.html
I love how LinneaAnne omitted the sleeves. It gives the design a whole different look.

Nann

Colette said...

All the dresses are lovely, but the brown school dress is stunning! Is there a way to contact LinneaAnne to find out if she'd make another one? I'm not an AGFMB member.

Nora and Maple said...

To Colette:

According to our info, LinneaAnne is a full-time college student right now and unfortunately she does not have the time to sew for others.

But she does read this blog, so maybe she will have a comment to share in regards to this question. :)

Heritage Doll Fashions said...

I love LinneaAnne's work! It always blows me away.

Linnea said...

I'm glad Nann put a link to her pattern - I love her patterns and highly recommend them. Very easy to follow and work with. :-)

Colette, I may have enough material left to make another brown dress. I need to dig it out and see, but I'm pretty sure I bought quite a bit. However, I would not be able to make it until after this semester ends, so over Christmas Break. If you are still interested, feel free to shoot me an email at LinneaAnne@gmail.com and we can talk more about it. :-)

Thanks for the wonderful feature, Nora!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...