Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hot Topic Clothing We Want in Doll Form

What kind of crazy post is this???

Well after looking at the Project Doll Runway contest and the Liberty Jane ValenSpring contest, we were thinking about how we'd love to design clothing for AGs too! But as dolls, we can't really sew.... nor draw fashion.... and honestly, Penny can't do those things either. :(

But we can dream! That takes no skilz at all! Haha! So we chose one clothing store we love and picked all the clothing available there that we'd love to see turned into AG-sized clothing! Do you guys ever pick out human-sized clothing you'd love to see in dolly form??? Feel free to tell us about it in the comments!

These Hot Topic clothes would be for our older teenage dolls, like Stella, and we'd definitely want the skirts to be a little bit longer.... But golly it would be awesome to have such items in our doll clothing collection..... even if they are just for my stepsister and her friends! ;P


8 comments:

Quinlyn said...

Yes, I love seeing outfits from movies or something turned into doll clothing!! :D

~Quinlyn

Vintiquedesigns said...

Too funny that you posted this: I'm currently making two cute Lil' Hippie dresses for Julie, that are THE DRESSES that I wore Back In The Day!!
Hope to have them available on my ebay listings to end next week!
Love you stuff!
Linda
Vintiquedesigns

All Dolled Up Doll Clothes said...

Much of what I sew have been inspirations from shopping sprees for my granddaughter or old photographs of me, etc. But around here, I don't see much of this style for 8-12 year olds. I guess I will have to start looking at the teen department. They certainly look like they would be fun to make.

Traveling Ninette said...

I would KILL for some punk/goth style clothes like they used to sell at Hot Topic (I didn't watch all of the slideshow, so I'm not sure if you posted any like I'm thinking. Hot Topic has really changed since I used to shop there.)

Since I can't find any, I've been slowly teaching myself to sew, and making band shirts for the girls like a fiend.

~Syd

Nora and Maple said...

Hot Topic still occasionally carries some darker goth and punk clothing, you just have to hunt a lot more to find it. ;)

Syd- any recommendations on where to find more punk and goth human-sized clothing?

Traveling Ninette said...

Well, one of my favorites is Heavy Red, but it's goth couture and it's kind of expensive.

http://heavyred.com/

Really cool for doll inspiration, though.

http://www.lip-service.com has some cool stuff too. Again, kind of pricey though.

If you want some other links, I have a stack of Gothic Beauty magazines lying around, and they always feature cool clothes. I'd just have to dig them out. These were the only two I had bookmarked.

~Syd

Jemstar said...

I've been stocking up on fabric for a while to start making some goth/punk-influenced doll clothes... I just haven't had the TIME for it yet! It's great to know that there are people who are interested!

♥Ruth-Ann♥ said...

I was really bored so I made a skirt like the first one! Thanks for the inspiration, I'll have a photo up soon :)
~Sitara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...