Monday, December 20, 2010

Winter Project Idea and Lots of Stuff

Hola! Okay so this is a big post... it was going to be even bigger but we decided to only show you 3 dolls at a time to make it easier...

Need a fun activity to do for your dolls this Winter Break? When watched this Liberty Jane Youtube Channel video...


...we thought.... huh, maybe we can do our own iron-on project? So we decided we really don't trust ourselves to print our own iron-ons and have them turn out well... but we thought about craft store iron-ons as a possibility. We ordered five white gathered sleeve tee shirts from the Liberty Jane online store and went to Joann's to check out what they had for us. We found a heart, an owl, doggies, and rhinestones as starters for our experiment. And lucky for us when we ordered a backpack from Etsy seller MediumControl they sent us a small Watson the Cat iron-on which we decided could also go on a tee.

We can't say they are perfect iron-on tees (as this was the first time we tried it)-- but we followed Cinnamon's instructions and we think they came out pretty well. We put the iron on whichever setting recommended by the iron-on itself-- look at zee packaging for instructions.

So we dressed up in three of the tees for this photo-shoot. The owl tee is a bit shiny with the flash, so ignore those shiny spots. To make your life easier, we are going to list what you see, from left to right on each doll in the pictures below...

Stella Grant (MyAG #25), my stepsister, preparing to hang our stockings over the fireplace:
Light purple slouchy hat from Etsy seller StassyDodge (awesome!)
White LJ tee with brown doggie iron-on from Joann's
Purple skirt from LJ outfit (can you figure out which one? heehee)
Cool Christmas stocking we found in some museum store, somewhere once upon a time...
MyAG meet shoes

Ellie Demington (MyAG #21), my sister in pjs, sneaking downstairs at night to steal Santa's cookies:
Gray hooded scarf from Etsy seller SuzyMStudio
White LJ tee with owl iron-on from Joann's
Gray sweatpants from Etsy seller 123MulberryStreet
Fuzzy white slippers and awesome blanket from All Dolled Up Doll Clothing

Nora Demington (me!), getting ready to wrap some prezzies:
Multi-colored hat and scarf set from Etsy seller StassyDodge (also awesome!)
White LJ tee with cat iron-on from Etsy seller MediumControl
Black pleated skirt and purple leggings from Dynamite Threads
Green boots (available at LJ online store)
Ty L'il Ones Brianna doll (an Xmas gift which I found in the airport for my friend Kaya )

Fantastic, no? We highly recommend having some iron-on fun this Winter Break-- perhaps make a trendy white tee from the free LJ pattern or buy a gathered sleeve tee from LJ. You can print out iron-ons on special transfer paper or buy them in craft stores.

Check out the many pictures below...







Next up is a post on the other two iron-on tees!

4 comments:

. said...

Fun! I(Emmie), adore the little doll you're holding Nora! I'm surprised you don't want to keep her to yourself! haha! I have an LJC Tee like you guys, except it's just one, but I'd never dream doing anything to it! I guess since you guys are more frequent LJC buyers, your mom lets you do stuff like that! The only way I could do that to a shirt is if my mom made it;) Love the Stassy Dodge "duds"! I have a few things from him & they're awesome! I sooooo want a hoodie-scarf now!(I'd get the Military Green One;) Maybe I'll get one for Christmas;) BTW The purple skirt is from LJC's "Posh & Paws" Outfit;) I memorized all their outfit names(I know them by heart now;) I bet my mom would make me a skirt like that if I wanted her to;) haha
Sincerely,
Emmie Jo, Emmie's Edition
P.S. My mom(Rachel Noel) is almost ready to open up her Etsy shop, she's planning to get an e-mail into you guys sooner or later;)

Nora and Maple said...

Can't wait to get your email Rachel Noel!

Indeed, Emmie, the purple skirt is from "Posh & Paws"-- impressive that you memorized all of the LJ outfits -- we haven't!

Wendy said...

Love the t-shirts! The whole ensembles are quite snazzy, actually! =)

I made a few t-shirts from the LJ pattern and ironed-on those rhinestone iron-ons from Michaels. I like the way they turned out, except some of the rhinestones didn't transfer. It was kind of a pain.

I love the little doll, Nora! Kaya is sure to love her.

. said...

I(Rachel Noel), have been intensely laboring over all the things to be listed in my shop & I just want to have them prefect before I send pics!

haha, you'd be surprised how long Emmie just sits on the computer admiring/staring at things from people she likes;) She calls them her "shiny things"!! haha

Sincerely,
Rachel Noel, Emmie's Edition

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...