Sunday, September 4, 2011

Maple's Pirate Treasure Hunt!
Part Eight

Hola! The treasure-hunting saga continues.... 


So the hint that I found on the old seawall ruins read:

Find Silver Pointe
A hundred paces south of Fort Black
Then two hundred paces west

Beyond the sandy pathways
Over the dunes of grass
The broken reeds hide
What you seek

After Silver Pointe there is only one more place on the map to go.... Echo Island -- Where the treasure is located!

The day after we found the seawall ruins we ventured out to find our next hint. 

Maple's outfit for this adventure consisted of a shirt from L'Atelier de Sitara and shorts from Sew Urban. Her headband was from Belle Couture -- the DumbTwinsXOXO Youtube channel girls' doll clothing line. The shoes we ordered from Liberty JaneShe also grabbed her binoculars to help us find the broken reeds.

We went to Fort Black and walked the necessary 300 paces. Then we found the sandy pathways and dunes of grass... but we were attacked by biting flies and sand flea thingys. My ankles were all red from the bites!

"Let's go back. These things hurt!" Maple whined.

"But we've come so far!" I responded. "How can we turn back now?"

"Oh, fine. Let's just keep walking then. Maybe when we find the reeds there won't be these bugs there."

The bugs didn't leave. We managed to get to the shore area, slapping away insects the whole way. And the whole beach was lined with a pile of broken reeds. There were thousands, no millions of broken reeds.

"How are we supposed to find a hint in these things?!?!" Maple practically screamed.

"I don't know. But I'm not about to give up now."

"Well, if you aren't giving up... neither am I..."


We started to hunt in the reeds, she went in one direction and I went in the other. Eventually the bugs stopped biting us. I don't think they liked being slapped.

It was actually starting to turn into a nice day at the beach. Then Maple got sand in her shoe and tried to take it off. She, of course, fell on the pile of reeds and bruised her arm. I learned this after hearing an "Owwwwww!" from down the beach and ran back to her. I put her shoe back on and helped her up.

"This is not going well," she commented. "I haven't found anything. And now I'm covered in bug bites and I'm bruised. Did you find anything?"

"It's got to be here somewhere. Just keep looking. We'll take care of the bruises and bites when we get home."

She pouted but kept looking.... until a flock of seagulls came and started bombing the beach with mussels in order to open the shells. Maple screamed in fear of being clocked with a mussel and we ran off in the opposite direction of the gulls.

We sat down and caught our breath. Then I spotted the hint right in front of us in the reeds! Finally!

Some well-earned pictures.... Can you see the hint?


How about when we get closer?


Yep... it's right there...


Showcasing the outfit...




Dramatic aerial shot....


Slideshow for kicks....



We unrolled the hint on the beach and read it:

The end is near.....
Echo Island calls


Cross the Channel
Take 50 paces on the beach
Headed west from the dock
Find the mottled stump

Dig and dig and dig....
Maybe you will find something
Maybe you won't....

Maple looked at me, excitement in her eyes. I looked back, terror in mine.

"You mean we have to cross that water?" I asked, fearful.

"That's what the hint says. You knew Echo Island was an island... I mean, its right there in the name..."

"I'm not going near any water..." I replied.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't like water. Or boats. Or water and boats."

"Well there are these sandbars. Maybe we can walk over at low tide." Maple looked through her binoculars to find Echo Island on the horizon. "It's far away. Way over there. Beyond the sandbars. We're gonna need a boat."

"I'm not going on a boat..." I stared at Maple. She stared back, then squinted evilly.......

Stay tuned for the Final Installment of Maple's Pirate Treasure Hunt!

Will we go to Echo Island?
Or will I run in fear from all water and boats?

And is there even treasure on Echo Island?
Or is it all a trick????

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Nora gets over her fears.

Ashlyn said...

I love the suspense!!!! O_O I cant wait for the next one! xD

Sofia said...

In the first photo, Maple's eyes look just stunning. Gorgeous.

imrachelnicole said...

So good! I found the clue in the first picture, right away! But good hiding!!


I believe with Maple's evil looks, you will go with her, and that you will find treasure. And that Maple will be unhappy with the amount... (to little) ;)


Can't wait for more!!

Nora and Maple said...

Thanks for your comments everyone! Next one coming soon.... but not yet -- still needs more work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...