Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Maple's Pirate Treasure Hunt!
Part Nine

Hola! We have torn ourselves away from watching Korean dramas all weekend long to write this final installment of our treasure hunt. It is sort of sad to be at the end already, but we have a lot of other things to post about on the horizon and Maple said that she has a whole new project planned. What in the world could that be???

Well without further ado......


We get back to that issue of riding in a boat to get to Echo Island....

Uggghhhh.

I told Maple that I wasn't going on a boat anywhere and I started to teach Ellie how to take pics. (She is my twin sister in case you don't remember.) But that didn't really go very well. She doesn't like the newest camera we have -- too many buttons and flippy bits, she says.

So it became clear that since everyone else was busy or didn't care enough to help Maple, I was going to have to take that boat out to Echo Island. Uggghhhh.

"What if there are sea monsters out in the Channel?" I asked Maple.

"There's no such thing as sea monsters," she replied.

"Well theoretically there is no such thing as ghosts, but we saw one of those on this adventure...."

"Maybe that's true.... but there won't be anything in the Channel besides us on a boat." She sounded confident. I wasn't so sure.

Maple's outfit for today consists of a knit bear hat from 123 Mulberry Street, a grey cord skirt from The Dolly Stand, a tan and white striped top from All Dolled Up Doll Clothes and a white tee shirt from Sew Urban Designs.

We journeyed back to the beach and walked until we found the docks. A big guy with a patch over his eye, a hook for a hand, and a label on his shirt that said "Captain" welcomed us aboard his ship, the S.S. Hawkins.

From there on out it was a nightmare. I planned on taking pictures of our boat journey, but once the ship started moving my stomach felt funny. I was seasick the whole ride over to the island and spent the time below deck.

Eventually we docked and I stumbled off the boat. I asked the Captain if he had any sea sickness medicine for the ride back and he said, "Nope."

So yeah..... that was something to look forward to...

Maple and I walked the 50 paces west on the beach from the dock and searched for the mottled tree stump. Luckily it wasn't too difficult to find.

"Okay, dig around the stump!" Maple instructed me as she tried to hand me the blue shovel from the kiddie beach set we have for these occasions.

"You have got to be kidding. I was just sick in that ship's bathroom for 30 minutes straight. I am sitting down. You get to dig."

"But that's no fun...."

"Suck it up."

So Maple began to dig on one side of the stump. And then on the other. And then on the other. She pretty much dug a ditch around it, tossing sand everywhere. I would have taken pics of this entertaining process, but I was still pretty weak.

After about fifteen minutes she flopped down on the sand next to me and sighed, "Aggghhhhhh. There's no treasure here!!!!!"

"What do you mean?"

"There's nothing here. I dug everywhere."

"Yeah but you only dug like two inches down. It's probably down deeper than that or someone would have found it by now."

"Oh well... maybe.... but maybe someone did find it already?!?"

"Well then, I guess we should just go home then...," my voice drifted off.

"Neva! I'm gonna dig deeper this time."

And through her perseverance.... and deeper digging... Maple eventually found a box in the sand!!! We cracked open the lid to find hundreds of jewels!!! Okay, maybe just like fifty jewels... but still it was cool!!


Here are the various triumphal shots of Maple on Echo Island....

....with her treasure, which she promised to share with me....


I asked for a 50/50 split....


She suggested 70/30....


I agreed 70 for me and 30 for her is fair since I did more work
than her on this adventure....


And then she said okay to 50/50....


Slideshow!



Final pic of our awesome treasure!


We gathered up our box of treasure and headed back to the mainland on the boat. I wasn't too sick on the way back. I survived. But I am also not going on a boat again. I think I saw a shark in the water.....

------------

Thank you so much for reading about Maple's Pirate Treasure Hunt and looking at all of our pictures that we have been posting for it!!!

We appreciate everyone's enthusiasm for the series and we will try and do something again like this before the end of the year with outdoor pictures. We may also try and do photo-stories indoors if we can come up with some ideas for them, haha. A treasure hunt was an easy one to invent. ;-)

Stay tuned for more Doll Wardrobe fun!!!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for the entertainment

Bee said...

Sorry to see it end. It was lots of fun to read. Looking forward to the next adventure!

Ashlyn said...

ty! - clapping

Anonymous said...

i love thease beach pictures, but i dont think maple needed a hat. XD

Una Mariah said...

Just read it. Totally awesome!

imrachelnicole said...

Thanks for these amazing parts! I really enjoyed them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...