Monday, August 29, 2011

Maple's Pirate Treasure Hunt!
Part Six

Hola! Today the 2011 Summer Doll Photo Contest Final Round pictures are due -- so you'll be seeing those soon on the blog for voting purposes. :-D


Well Maple and I have been to four locations now on zee map.... and we are dreaming of pirate treasure... but we are probably only halfway to our goal! *weeps


The hint we were "given" at Deadman's Grotto read:

Begin at the Tower
Take a hundred paces South
A hundred paces West
A hundred paces North
Fifty paces West

Welcome to Smuggler's Cove
The sun is high
You are low
If not you'll never find the place to go

The next day we continued our journey, despite being a bit shook up from the previous night's events..... 

Since it was a slightly colder day, Maple decided to wear a black and purple henley from All Dolled Up Doll Clothes, AG pants, and those non-sensible sandals. Her hairband is from Vintique Designs (came with the Shiny Happy Dress we bought but haven't shown you yet...grins guiltily).

We trudged all over tarnation following the hint and ended up lost in a maze of thick bushes. It obviously wasn't a very helpful hint. We spent so much time wandering it was already getting dark outside.

"I'm tired and my feet hurt," Maple whined. "Maybe we should go home."

"I told you not to wear those sandals again," I replied. "You knew the hint said to walk like five hundred miles."

"Yes, but they go with my outfit...."

"Well if you can figure out a way out of these bushes to go home, please let me know." I grimaced.

Maple tried to take off her sandal and rub her foot while standing up and promptly fell on her butt.

"Owwwww!!!!" she cried.

"C'mon. Let's go," I reacted, trying to help her up.

"I don't want to. Let's just sit here for awhile."


"Do you want to sleep on the rocks here tonight?"

"No....," she said. She began to look around for a softer place to sleep. She spotted something intriguing -- a low opening in the bushes. "Oh, look! It's a way out!"


"I bet it's more than that.... remember the last part of the hint.... we have to be 'low' to find Smuggler's Cove!"

"You mean, I was supposed to fall on my butt?"

"No. But we were supposed to be looking for a low entrance...."

So we crawled through the opening and came out in a small clearing and sure enough, the hint was hidden in one of the bushes there. Maple was very happy to pose with it, despite the dimming sunlight and me saying that we should just go home....sigh.

Glamour shots of Maple and the hint...




"If this is Smuggler's Cove...," she asked, "Where is the smuggled loot?"


"How am I supposed to know?" I replied.


"Well maybe we should look around for some."


"Don't you recall on the map that Smuggler's Cove is 
right by Deadman's Grotto?" I asked.


"Yeah, so?"


"Yeah, so... when it gets dark a dead dude comes around here... remember?!"


"Oh.... right.... let's finish up then and go home...," she replied quietly.


Final dramatic angle shot for the evening...
I was listening the whole time for some ghosty thing in the distance....


"Now how do we get out of here?"

p.s. Don't touch that darker bush.... it's prickly... 
as I discovered when I leaned against it to take photos... :-(

..........................

Stay tuned to see if we ever get out of the maze of bushes in
Part Seven of Maple's Pirate Treasure Hunt!

I just know we are getting closer to the treasure!!!

2 comments:

Caelen said...

I wonder what will happen next.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...