Thursday, March 21, 2013

L'arrivée de Archie

Don't ask us why we put the title in French. :-P
We are in a weird mood.
One fueled by lack of sleep and insanity most likely. :-P again.

So Archie -- Our first American Boy Custom doll is here!
Woot!
We ordered a "Doll Without Hair" style #5 from AG last week with the free shipping code.
He has light brown eyes.
(But we can't really tell the difference between light and dark brown anyways.)

WARNING: Long post, lots of pics.
If you want to see any of them larger, just click on one and you will be brought to a larger slideshow.

Here he is cross-dressing in a pic that we will use for blackmail.
It's quite embarrassing to be a boy dressed as a girl, 
never mind us publishing them on the interwebs.


Archie in his first boy outfit.
Jeans are from Liberty Jane.
Rolled cuffs are from hipsters.
Hoodie is from Etsy seller All Dolld Up.


Head shots. Literally.
For those of you curious about what an AG bald head looks like.





Then Archie got two wigs from Monique -- Johnny style, size 10-11, colors black and medium auburn. Direct from Monique's online shop.
Got here very quickly.



They have an adjustable strap built into them which we found mostly useless.



Stylings attempts with the black wig.

Style One




The black wig did have more shedding than the auburn one.
But they are both high-quality wigs.
The short boy-style is difficult to style when you are anal like us.
But we are trying. :-P

Style Two



Style Three




Styling attempts with the medium auburn wig.

Style One. A bit too high on the head.
Needs to be closer to his eyebrows.



Style Two




Style Three




Emo hairdo eating his head.


Which wig and style do you prefer???

_____________________

Random comparison with Beatrice, who is wearing a dress from Etsy seller Sew Small N Sweet and a jacket from Etsy seller Fox and Family.


Overall, we are super-excited about Archie. 
We keep staring at him and squeeing.
He is probably a bit nervous by now.

While playing with his wigs we determined there is probably a front and a back to them that we are supposed to be paying attention to. But then we kinda decided to ignore that.

We aren't gluing down the wigs, so we plan on playing around with them perpetually. Maybe he will get more colors in the future. And he can even cross-dress as a girl again if he wants to, given the amount of girl wigs we have strewn about our doll closet.
He says "No way" to that though....
(Evil plots begin...)

Thanks for visiting us today!

p.s. Check out our 'American Boy' polls in the right side menu!
Place your votes today!


Follow Me on Pinterest

Our Facebook Page

Check out our Facebook page for updates, previews of DW photos, and lots of exciting info about our sites as well as Etsy items and patterns for your dolls.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the black wig style 1! It looks very natural to me. Nice job =)

Muzzy said...

"For he's a fine, upstanding, patriotic, healthy, normal
American boy!"
Ahem. I quite like Archie! Both wigs look good on him, although I kind of like the black better. I laughed SO hard when I read "Emo hairstyle eating his head"!!! OM NOM NOM! I really want to get a guy doll (Percy Jackson), but alas my moo-lahs are not big enough. :(
Congrats!
Jenna
P.S. Looks like Beatrice is sweet on him already... be careful. ;)

Liz said...

I like the brown one. The black one is just retarded. Who in the right mind thinks that looks GOOD? That is the utter cesspool of doll hair, and I want to murder it. Yes. I am very opinionated. Got a problem with it? Good. Now shut up and go riot against the black wig. :D
*Rant is over now, guys*

Nora and Maple said...

Haha, sounds like someone wants to stab the black wig. ;-)

Dawn said...

Hands down, the auburn wig. I actually prefer the emo style. (where is the blushing smiley?) I guess because I've seen so many 6th and 7th graders at school with similar styles. If I had another choice though it would be to have both sides look like the left side of the emo look. I like it off his ears.

I'm not quite as opinionated as Liz, but I have to agree about the black wig.

Paige said...

The black wig style 3 - most mature looking style, so probably my favorite. =) Congrats on the new boy! I hope to get one this year.

Carrickters said...

I think both wigs look good although I marginally prefer the auburn one. As for the girl picture, if Archie had lived in the Middle Ages in England he would have dressed the same as a girl until he was at least 6 or 7 - and he would have worn pink/red (so don't let Nora blackmail you too much, Archie).

Heather said...

Wig one, style one.

Liz said...

Yes, Nora and Maple, I do want to stab the black wig. ;)

Madison said...

I like the 2nd style of the black wig :)

Liz said...

Oh, and I like the 2nd style of the brown wig. It reminds me of a dude I know. [Best friends: A dude that you looovvveee.] Me: shutup, Meg, Isabella, Kaitlynn (my BFFs)!

AGDOLLCENTRALENGINEER said...

Can you please describe everything that bald ag dolls come with?

Nora and Maple said...

Surebee.

The doll itself.

The MyAG meet outfit -- pink top, grey skirt, pink undies and tan boots.

The charm holder necklace and Innerstar U membership.

It also comes with a little card that explains that you can get a head replacement at any time for free, if you decide you want a head with a wig. But it would only be heads available in the normal MyAG line.

But I think most of us are buying the dolls and either not getting wigs at all or buying our own wigs.

Let us know if you want further info. :-)

Unknown said...

I like black style 2. Looks a little looser and more natural!

All American Girl said...

Are these wigs of good quality? My doll Kit's hair is in short terms: yuck. I want one of the wigs, but not specifically for a boy, just a girl with REALLY short hair. ;)

Nora and Maple said...

Yes, the Monique brand wigs are very high quality.

Anonymous said...

SQUEE! ARCHIE FROM ARCHIE COMICS! ;-)

Doll Days said...

The black is cool, But I have to say Brown style 2 an 3 are my favorites.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...