Saturday, January 21, 2012

Maple Insists: McKenna's Loft Bed Intro

Whattup peoples. Maple here. I have taken over the blog for a little while/for this post/for a couple posts. I am tired of seeing CeCe and Kenna hog the posts. Yeah, I said it.

So I have been reading these Flavia books by Alan Bradley and watching Sherlock Holmes movies. Then I saw McKenna's Loft Bed and decided I wanted it so I could make it into my "Poisons and Criminal Investigatory Laboratory."

Luckily, Penny is humoring me (after staring at me blankly for a little while) and she ordered the bed. Here it is in pieces, hence the "Intro" part of the post title. There will be more pics of the other parts of the bed to come - the bedding, hamster set, accessories, etc. Soon. Probably some of that today.

The bed is still in pieces so that I can paint it more easily. Yeah, I said paint it. AG purists are crying somewhere right now. But the paint will come. Oh, it will come.

The title of this ongoing project will be "Maple's Laboratory" -- so if you want to find all the posts about this later on, just click the label "Maple's Laboratory." Hopefully that is clear....

The bed is actually more of a light pinky purple than what it appears to be in our photos. It looks a lot more purply in our pics than it is in reality.

The three pieces together, but not clicked together.



The left side.








The right side.





The top.



Bottom of the top piece, as you can see it is meant to click together in only one way.


Stay tuned for Part Two: McKenna's bedding, chair pad, and rug. :-)


6 comments:

Sophie Amélie Moreau said...

I actually like the idea of turning it into a "laboratory." I have several dolls here who would love that, and I can't wait to see how you paint it. I like the idea of the bed, but would really prefer it in a more neutral color like black. But I'm not an AG purist!

Laura

Claire said...

I can't wait to see what color you paint it! Personally, I still like the purple...then again, it's my favorite color. ;) But still, I can't wait to see which color you choose! :)

Jessie said...

I'm definitely no AG purist-- paint sounds like a fabulous idea. can't wait to see the transformation!

Anonymous said...

Umm interesting, wonder how it will turn out.

Miranda said...

Yea! Flavia books! :) One of my favorites. I can't wait to see your laboratory.

Anonymous said...

Cannot wait

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...