Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Plaid Piper: Part One

AG loves plaid. There's these...



And these....




And also these...



Plus these...




Any lover of plaid should be overjoyed.

We sort of like plaid.
But in general it reminds us of Nirvana concerts.
Don't know who Nirvana is?
Ask your parents.

We like these types of modern plaid interpretations....





But we wouldn't buy them for the humans in this household.
In fact, the main clothes-buying human has one plaid shirt and one plaid dress.
And trust me, she has A LOT of clothes.

But we do buy plaid things for the dolls on a regular basis.

So when AG released the Plaid Party dress, we considered it.
We played with the color scheme and decided we would have bought 4 of these dresses.


But not the one they made.

We really, really, really don't like the color scheme of it.
Oh well.

It is worth buying it to get the shoes?
Not so much. They are tempting. But no.


Then there is the Easy Breezy Outfit.
We were skeptical at first.



But then we caved and bought it.
It's pretty cute.
The colors online are much bolder and brighter than they are in reality, fyi.

But besides the occasional plaid MyAG outfit here and there, we tend to only purchase plaid historical items from AG.

How about from handmade sellers?

Well, that's a different story.

Stay tuned for The Plaid Piper: Part Two. :-)



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like plaid

Anonymous said...

Hey girls! To see my blog go to this link! >>> http://girlydolltype.blogspot.com/ I love followers and I love u! :D

Anonymous said...

Okay, I think I would buy at least two of those alternate colorways. Time to start looking for plaid fabric online...

Anonymous said...

TDW, will you guys be posting some more entries tonight? I can't wait to see Juno! :D

Nora and Maple said...

Not tonight -- but this week. Stay tuned!

Becca said...

I used to hate plaid when I was little but I'm a fan of it now.

Your post was on my mind the whole time I was watching "Saige Paints the Sky". It popped in my head every time Saige wore plaid shirts during the movie. I'm surprised AG didn't release any more of those outfits from the movie since they don't seem to shy away from the pattern and they went to the trouble of creating so many wardrobe options for the character!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...