Wednesday, September 23, 2009

AGFMB Special Feature: LinneaAnne Intro

How slow am I in posting today?!?

Pretty slow.... I really need to write these things ahead of time and schedule them. Sorry for the delay everyone... I hope your days were less busy than mine. I still have homework to finish, eek!

So today's American Girl Fans Message Board Member Special Feature shows us some items from "LinneaAnne." All images which you see in this post are the property of LinneaAnne.

Caroline at AGFMB explained to us that LinneaAnne can't sew for other people right now, since she is a full-time college student. Yay for college! I hope she is having fun in school and taking cool classes. :) We also found out that LinneaAnne has been a fan of The Doll Wardrobe for some time now. How exciting! It's always nice to know that people enjoy the blog.

Have you ever looked at the American Girl outfits and accessories
and said to yourself: "I could totally make that myself!
And probably better quality!"

Well we don't say that very often over here in Badger's Wood because we just aren't very crafty people- but we are pretty sure that LinneaAnne can make anything American Girl makes and end up with a higher quality, homemade product. Just check out the pictures below to be convinced!

First we have LinneaAnne's own version of
Kirsten's birthday dress and apron.

Second up is the Sari doll which LinneaAnne created for her Kirsten.
Her caption reads "After over ten years of missing her, Kirsten finally
got her Sari doll. She's been partially finished, waiting patiently in my sewing box for a few weeks now. I stitched her hair and face on this morning, and Kirsten is so happy to have her.
" In this picture Kirsten does look very excited to finally have her doll. :)

Our third picture here is LinneaAnne's version of the
American Girl spoonbag for Kirsten.

And last but not least, we show you LinneaAnne's
version of the AG St. Lucia holiday buns for Kirsten.
She explains to us that, "Because my mom is from Sweden,
I grew up celebrating Lucia every year, and of course eating Lucia buns!
When I got Kirsten's set, I was disappointed...
they were the wrong color, and had no raisins!
I made my own out of FIMO, and added raisins on some.
(We always have a few without every year,
for those who don't care for them.) The rest of the set is original.
"



Your Kirsten doll is certainly well-supplied with
special handmade goods LinneaAnne!
Thank you for sharing your pictures and your talent with us!
Everything is just so wonderful and fun to look at!
Makes me want to pull out some FIMO and
start "baking" up some dolly goodies for myself. ;)

Stay tuned for more Wednesday posts featuring the outfits and crafts of LinneaAnne in the future. For our AGFMB Special Feature next Wednesday we will do an introduction to "Numberonekitty" - How great is that username?

And this coming Friday we will post about a Keepers Dolly Duds dress that we have given to Connie Bonacorsi, our 1950s teen.

Sayonara for now and have a great night everybody!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all those things! Sometimes I will look at a outfit or accessory set and want to make it--but never that well!
~Libby

Avery Voisin said...

Wow, those look just like, or better, than the AG ones! Linnea is really talented.

Linnea said...

I showed this to my husband, and he read it and said, "Kirsten? Well supplied? I think she means 'spoiled'..." :-) Thanks for the sweet introduction!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...