Sunday, October 13, 2013

Maple's How Trendy is Your Doll?:
Off-The-Shoulder Tops Reader's Pics!

Hola!

Several of our lovely readers sent in their off-the-shoulder, cold shoulder, or boxy tops pics for 
our first Maple's How Trendy is Your Doll? Challenge!

Check out Maple's original (and extra-snarky) post on this Challenge:

Thank you lovely readers for sending in your pics!

Here they are in no particular order:

I love to CRAFT (Create Really Awesome and Fun Things)!

I like to sew trendy doll clothing, share my creations on Facebook and Pinterest, and sell these items in Etsy.





Here is a photo of Coral in her Flashdance sweater by Altadena Designs.  You can order a Flashdance sweater at http://www.etsy.com/shop/byaltadena.

http://www.superinky.com/



From Emily Heather Designs:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/EmilyHeatherDesigns






Dear Nora and Maple,

Attached are two photos of my doll Rani wearing a green off the shoulder shirt for the challenge. I paired it with a lacy patterned white tank top and denim cutoffs, and added a red bracelet and fuchsia sandals for color contrast (some people may wince at that combination, but I don't think it looks bad on Rani). I'm not usually on top of the latest trends, so it was nice to experiment with a new clothing style.

Thanks for this fun opportunity!



PS The bunny design was inspired by a Delia's shirt that I found on your great Trends to Sew Pinterest board.



I made this top from a Suzy M Studios pattern. I think what really makes it great is the cotton knit fabric that is sprinkled with sparkly silver stars and hearts. It reminds me of the Milky Way on a summer night! This outfit is currently available in my Etsy shop:  www.etsy.com/shop/OneGirlsDream



The first one is the cold shoulder top pattern the second picture the dolman sleeve top I changed it slightly to become a slouchy sweatshirt and the last one is an off the shoulder t made into a retro 80's look .

Thanks,
Dacia
AKA Mini Me Dolly Divas




Here are (is) a sample of my off the shoulder tee(s). Not currently for sale in my shop but here is the link anyway  www.etsy.com/shop/madebymomocouture



Thank you so much for your pics readers!

Our next Maple's How Trendy is Your Doll? Challenge
will be on maxi skirts and dresses -- so start prepping your pics!!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...